Botannical Garden CCIS
The Botannical Garden of this Hume-controlled ‘Citadel’ is one of many military-civilian orbital stations dotting Hume space. The large domed structure is roughly the size of a small moon and seems lifeless from the outside, ignoring the various sattelites oribiting the station. The hull is dotted with docking stations of many sizes, ranging from a simple shuttle-ship to even capital ship sized.
These Botannical Garden-Class Cidatel Interstellar Stations (CCIS) are named after their main civilian attraction- massive botannical gardens that show off an assortment of the most beautiful foilage from over thirty different planets. The garden area itself covers six square miles and is a completely organic experience, sporting grass floors, vine covered walls, and a massive above head simulator showing real time image of sky, clouds and two suns crossing the blue expanse, in place of a ceiling.
These particular Citadels are often vacation spots of the affluential, but also double as repair stations for the Hume Fleet. As such it is not very odd to see naval personnel on leave, or waiting for repairs to be done. Due to this they also have a seedier side and can seem to be crawling with mercenaries waiting to be propositioned by needy military officers.
The standard Botanical Garden-CCIS has a total of thirty floors, each covering twenty square miles and have a ceiling half a mile up.
The various sections of a Botannical Garden-CCIS are as listed:
- Housing section. This area is little more than a massive hotel with plenty of swanky ball rooms for the parties of the rich, and rooms ranging from Imperial Suites to storage-closet-with-a-cot.
- Military section. Takes up five full floors, each a mile in radius. Three of the five floors are used for intense battle-training scenarios, the fourth is flight simulation for Naval Officers, and the fifth is essentially a massive office room where perma-staffed Military personnel deal with station issues, from theft to murder.
- Bottanical Garden section. The garden area itself covers six square miles and is a completely organic experience, sporting grass floors, vine covered walls, and a massive above head simulator showing real time image of sky, clouds and two suns crossing the blue expanse, in place of a ceiling
- Prison section. An area buried in the lower levels of the station, near the Southern Docks. Prisoners are held here until they can be shipped to a penal colony.
- Docks. Docks are everywhere in a Citadel station, but are split up into four categories- North Docks, South Docks, East Docks, West Docks. The artificial gravity of the station allows for such axis to exist, and people use this as a reference point for ship docks.
- Leisure section. From bars, arcades, strip clubs to lounges, cafes and restaurants, the leisure section is almost as big a hot spot as the garden itself.
- Infirmary section. A relatively small section, but it is still a fully staffed, advanced medical office none the less.
- Merchant section. From guns, ships and daggers to purses, shoes and socks.
- Engineering section. The last eight floors of the Botannical Garden-CCIS is made up of the various mechanisms that hold the station together. It also holds the water purifier, which contains forty billion gallons of h2o for emergency use, and a fleet of life-shuttle craft. It is staffed by 4,000~ experienced engineers at any given time.
Below: Two pictures of the Botannical section.